A Swans player arranged for at least two women to meet the group of players at the Pullman Hotel — Who was it?
Sydney will sanction some of its players shortly, the club said on Tuesday night, focusing on the breaches of club standards rather than the ongoing investigation by Victoria Police — WEDNESDAY UPDATE: Five Swans players banned for season.
The club’s board met on Tuesday evening having spoken with all players involved in the Melbourne incident.

“The Club believes the players are in serious breach of expected Club behaviour and standards, and it is appropriate to take firm action and highlight that any sanction we impose relates solely to those breaches,” a statement read.
“The Club also acknowledges that these serious allegations impact others and their wellbeing must be paramount.
“We respect there is an ongoing investigation by Victoria Police and any actions we take are independent of this.”
See the full statement in the live blog below.
Earlier the AFL declared the “serious allegations” made against Swans players are “deeply concerning” and “raises broader issues for our game and our responsibilities as a sport”.
Fresh details around the sexual assault investigation emerged on Tuesday with a woman reportedly claiming her personal boundaries were breached in the hotel room of one of the players.
The Herald Sun reports that a Swans player organised for at least two women to join the squad at their hotel in the early hours of Monday morning.
A group of more than half a dozen Swans players had been out for dinner and drinks prior.
According to the report, a source said one of the women claimed their understanding of what was ‘off limits’ was breached” in the hotel room of one of the players.
It led to a commotion with the woman leaving before confronting staff in the hotel lobby.
The Herald Sun reports onlookers allege they overheard the woman claiming to staff that she had been “inappropriately touched”.
Fox Sports Australia does not suggest any of the players are under investigation or implicated in any wrongdoing, only that they have been spoken to by investigators.
Victoria Police are investigating the alleged incident.
Both Sydney and the AFL continue to work through the situation with latest reports suggesting players who were in attendance could be banned at least two weeks for conduct unbecoming.
The club is also considering potential stand-downs as the investigation continues.
The AFL’s statement, released on Tuesday evening, reads as follows.
“The conduct and serious allegations regarding Sydney Swans players are deeply concerning,” Andrew Dillon said.
“While the matter remains under police investigation, it raises broader issues for our game and our responsibilities as a sport.
“The woman who made the report to police is entitled to privacy and care, and that should be respected.
“It is important that the police process is allowed to run its course.
“Sexual assault allegations are serious, regardless of who is involved, what time of year it is, or what they may mean for a season.
“Our first question should not be what this means for a football club. It should be whether our actions match the standards we stand for and the community expects of us.
“As a sport, and as an industry, we are clear about the standards we expect and the values we stand for and the need to uphold them.
“Being clear about our standards also means being prepared to act when those standards are not met.
“Notwithstanding the ongoing police investigation, the AFL and the Sydney Swans will consider the broader conduct of the players as more information comes to light.”
SOURCE: FOX SPORTS
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/teams/sydney-swans/afl-news-2026-latest-updates-on-sydney-swans-players-incident-at-pullman-hotel-as-victoria-police-investigation-continues/news-story/0f2c2b524d1766130c9f259da9708900