A group of ISIS brides and their children could return to Australia as early as next week as authorities work to unlock travel funds from their relatives.
Six women and 14 children could be released from Syria‘s Al Roj internment camp within days after the Syrian government stepped in to finalise flight arrangements needed for their departure.
Sources quoted by The Australian confirmed urgent negotiations are underway to extract the group, with approvals being sought to release the money and complete bookings as family members, government officials, or helpers are not on the ground.
The group had been expected to return to Australia as early as next Tuesday, coinciding with Eid al-Adha, the Islamic holiday commemorating sacrifice, however, the timing remains contingent on the travel arrangements.
One woman is expected to remain in Syria after she was subject to an exclusion order imposed by the Albanese government.
Her children will leave Al Roj with other members of the group, the ABC reports.
It’s unclear whether any of the women would face charges upon their arrival.
It comes just weeks after four women and nine children touched down in Australia, with three of the women immediately remanded into custody and charged with historic crimes against humanity-related offences.

+5
View gallery
A group of ISIS brides and their children could return to Australia as early as next week (pictured Zahra Ahmad who was the only one of four ISIS brides to not be arrested on May 7)

+5
View gallery
Janai Safar was escorted off the plane by federal police shortly after landing at Sydney Airport
Melbourne grandmother Kawsar Abbas, 53, and her younger daughter Zeinab, 31, were refused bail after facing multiple slavery charges.
Abbas’ eldest daughter, Zahra Ahmad, 33, was the only one of the four brides not to be arrested.
Janai Safar, who landed in Sydney with her nine-year-old son, was charged with joining a terrorist organisation and travelling to a declared conflict zone.
Australian Federal Police investigators had been ready to charge Safar with being a member of a terrorist organisation seven years ago while she was still in Syria.
A court attendance notice for Safar was prepared on 8 May 2019 but could not be served on her until she was arrested at Sydney Airport earlier this month.
The notice listed Safar’s address in 2019 as Roj Camp, Hasakah, Syria, and the charges were intended to come before Queanbeyan Local Court.
She remains behind bars at Silverwater Women’s Correctional Centre in Sydney’s west.
News of the three women’s arrests appears to have prompted anger within the Al Roj camp, where they lived for seven years.

+5
View gallery
Six more Islamic State-linked women and their 14 children are likely to land in Australia soon

+5
View gallery
Zeinab Ahmed, 31, was charged with enslavement, and using a slave and denied bail
One woman, who is still at the camp, said it was ‘not good’ that Australia had arrested the women, whom she called ‘our sisters’.
‘What do they want with women and kids?’ Um Shamel, who is German-born, told the ABC.
‘These little kids need [their] mama.’
Shamnel said she believed the remaining cohort of Australian ISIS brides would delay or reconsider trying to travel home after watching news of the arrests on television.
Home Affairs Minister Tony Burke announced the impending arrival of the four women and nine children a fortnight ago.
The Daily Mail has contacted the Department of Home Affairs for comment.
News
SHE’S STARTED TO REALISE SHE’S BEEN STUNG… — The mystery surrounding Katie Price’s “missing husband” Lee Andrews has taken yet another bizarre turn, with insiders now claiming the reality star may finally be realizing something is seriously wrong behind the scenes.
It was like an episode of a bad crime drama: A missing husband, kidnap claims and a desperate plea to the public…
“UNACCEPTABLE..!” — Married At First Sight UK is now facing a potential police investigation after “deeply concerning” claims emerged that two brides were allegedly r-a:ped during the show, with a government minister calling the allegations extremely serious.
Married at First Sight UK likely faces a police probe and the axe after two women claimed they were raped by their on-screen…
“BREATHTAKING HYPOCRISY…” — Meghan Markle is facing backlash after sharing a photo of Princess Lilibet containing one shocking detail just hours before delivering a speech warning about the dangers of social media.
Meghan Markle was criticised today for sharing an Instagram image of Lilibet sitting at her feet in a wardrobe packed with…
TWO BABIES WERE SH0T… — A horrifying shooting rampage has left a community in shock after a gunman allegedly k!lled his own parents and wounded four others, including two babies — one reportedly just seven months old.
Two babies have been shot in a shooting rampage after a gunman allegedly killed his parents and wounded four others….
Montreal Street Prayer Debate Sparks National Conversation on Public Space, Religion, and Community Tensions
A heated confrontation in Montreal has reignited debate across Canada about public religious gatherings, freedom of expression, and the growing…
THE FOOTAGE IS HARD TO WATCH… — Haunting new video has revealed the inside of the murky Maldives “shark cave” where five divers tragically lost their lives, as chilling new theories continue emerging about what went wrong beneath the surface.
The “shark cave” where five divers were tragically killed in the Maldives has been seen in haunting footage – as…
End of content
No more pages to load






