Kyle Busch shared some upsetting words after his final NASCAR victory just days before his unexpected death at 41 years old on Thursday.
Moments after winning the Ecosave 200 in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series at Denver Motor Speedway on Friday, Busch shared a heartfelt statement on why winning races never got old for him.
“You never know when the last one is,” Busch said of his 69th truck race victory in a sideline interview following the race. “I know all too well, unfortunately, with the Cup stuff, but here with the Truck stuff now, it’s awesome to be part of Spire Motorsports.”
“I’m sure it looked great out front, leading the race,” he added. “It wasn’t just Kyle Larson doing it. Feels good to have another Kyle able to do it and put ourselves in Victory Lane. Love coming to Dover, always one of my favorite places to race.”
The truck race served as Busch’s final victory before his death, as he finished 17th in the NASCAR Cup Series All-Star Race on May 17.
NASCAR announced Busch’s death Thursday afternoon after he was hospitalized with a severe illness this week.
“We are saddened and heartbroken to share the news of the passing of Kyle Busch, a two-time Cup champion and one of our sport’s greatest and fiercest drivers. He was 41 years old,” NASCAR said in a statement. “We extend our deepest condolences to the Busch family, Richard Childress Racing and the entire motorsports community.”
Busch was pulled from the Coca-Cola 600 field Thursday morning, with a statement from his family saying he was hospitalized.
“Kyle has experienced a severe illness resulting in hospitalization,” the statement read. “He is currently undergoing treatment and will not compete in any of his scheduled activities this weekend at Charlotte Motor Speedway. We ask for understanding and privacy as our family navigates this situation.”
Kyle Busch, driver of the No. 7 HendrickCars.com Chevrolet, celebrates in victory lane after winning the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series ECOSAVE 200 at Dover Motor Speedway on May 15, 2026 in Dover, Delaware.Getty Images
The exact cause of Busch’s death remains unknown, but he was dealing with a sinus issue less than two weeks before his death, requesting medical attention during the final moments at Watkins Glen International on May 10.
“Can somebody try to find Bill Heisel? He’s the kindred doctor guy. Tell him I need him after the race, please,” Busch said.
Kyle Busch was also dealing with a sinus issue less than two weeks before his death.Getty Images
“I’m gonna need a shot,” he added.
On May 16, Busch told reporters that his illness was still lingering.
“I’m still not great,” he said when asked if he was feeling better. “The cough was pretty substantial last week.”
News
10:30PM LAST SEEN — Timeline of missing 14-year-old boy reveals final confirmed moment before he vanished as frantic 12-day search continues…
FRANTIC SEARCH — 10:30PM LAST SEEN AS MAP REVEALS FINAL MOVEMENTS OF MISSING 14-YEAR-OLD TAYLOR CHARLTON AFTER SHOES FOUND NEAR…
FAMILY WAS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO MATT… — Loved ones speak out after Victoria Police sergeant di-es in tragic Inca Trail fall in Peru
The 53-year-old was travelling with his wife when the tragic fall happened. An Australian police officer has died after reportedly…
OMG! ONE SMALL COMMENT FROM Lynette Hooker’s DAUGHTER ABOUT THE BAHAMAS “OVERBOARD” CASE IS NOW SPARKING MAJOR ONLINE DEBATE
Brian Hooker maintains his wife Lynette fell overboard on the way to their yacht in the Bahamas.@the_sailing_hookers/instagram; @thesailinghookers/tiktok; us coast…
HA-UNTING VIDEO EMERGES — Missing Lynette Hooker case reignited after disturbing footage resurfaces from Bahamas “overboard” incident
Brian Hooker maintains his wife Lynette fell overboard on the way to their yacht in the Bahamas.@the_sailing_hookers/instagram; @thesailinghookers/tiktok; us coast…
FAMILY BREAKS SILENCE — Relatives of San Diego mosque sh00ter Caleb Vazquez say son was “brainwash-ed online” after terr0r att-ack
Caleb Vazquez, one of two teens responsible for the mass shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego, was on the autism…
HARD TO MISS… — QUEEN ELIZABETH’S ROLE IN A KEY DECISION LINKED TO PRINCE ANDREW IS NOW SPARKING MAJOR ROYAL DEBATE
Andrew was arrested in February on suspicion of misconduct in public office while serving as a government envoy; new evidence…
End of content
No more pages to load






