The Royal Windsor Horse Show turned into a real family affair on Saturday, as the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh were spotted turning to one particularly helpful concierge for directions: their daughter.
Edward and Sophie looked relaxed as they arrived for the third day of the event in Berkshire, where Lady Louise Windsor is working as an event organiser.
The royal couple’s attendance came just after the tragic news a soldier had been thrown from their horse and died from their injuries moments after performing on Friday evening.
King Charles said on Saturday he was ‘greatly shocked and saddened’, as event organisers said the show would continue today with the omission of The King’s Troop, Royal Horse Artillery display.
Edward and Sophie, who have been in attendance every day in their roles as president and vice-president of the show, were seen walking up towards the main event, although the Duke seemed to have an unsolved query on his mind.
Fortunately, Lady Louise Windsor, who is working as a ‘first concierge service’, was on hand to assist her father.
Donning a hi-vis bib and official lanyard, topped off with a stylish navy fedora with feathers, the 22-year-old was seen pointing with her hand while speaking to the Duke.
Her father meanwhile looked dapper in a brown herringbone blazer and dark brown tailored trousers, complemented by a lavender shirt and purple and green striped tie.

+11
View gallery
Lady Louise was on hand to help with her father’s queries, having accepted a ‘paid job’ at the Royal Windsor Horse Show

+11
View gallery
The Royal Windsor Horse Show turned into a family affair on Saturday, as the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh were spotted turning to one helpful concierge: their daughter

+11
View gallery
Lady Louise Windsor is working as an event organiser at the popular annual event
The Duchess smiled as she walked alongside her husband while wearing several layers to keep out the chill of the unseasonably cold weather.
Lady Louise, who is currently studying English at the University of St Andrews, accepted a ‘paid job’ at the Royal Windsor Horse Show as officials praised the ‘hard-working’ royal and said she was a ‘real asset’ to the team.
Nick Brooks-Ward, director of the event, told Vanity Fair: ‘Lady Louise is one of the chief organizers, essentially operating a first concierge service.
‘She’s a great worker and a real asset to the team with no airs or graces. It’s a proper paid job and there’s no special treatment because of who she is.’
In addition to helping out behind-the-scenes, Lady Louise will also compete in the carriage driving event set to take place tomorrow.
King Charles was also seen arriving on Saturday morning, wearing a classic Harris tweed jacket and holding a classic countryside walking stick.
Prior to his arrival, he had expressed being ‘greatly shocked and saddened’ after a soldier from the King’s Troop, Royal Horse Artillery, was fatally injured following an incident on Friday evening.
The rider was said to have fallen from their horse at around 7pm, having just exited the arena following the performance.
They were given immediate treatment, but sustained serious injuries and died at the scene.
Police said next of kin had been informed and are being supported. The death is being treated as unexplained but non-suspicious.

+11
View gallery
The couple were in attendance for the third day as the president and vice president of the show

+11
View gallery
Lady Louise has been praised by organisers for her ‘hard work’ and said she was an ‘asset’

+11
View gallery
The Duchess of Edinburgh was seen wearing several layers to keep out the chill of the unseasonably cold weather

+11
View gallery
Organisers said the Royal Windsor Horse Show would continue, with the omission of the troop. Pictured: King Charles arriving at the Royal Windsor Horse Show on Saturday

+11
View gallery
King Charles has expressed his ‘shock’ at the news that a soldier was fatally injured after falling from their horse. Pictured: The monarch at the Royal Windsor Horse Show on Saturday
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said the King was ‘greatly shocked and saddened’ to learn of the death, adding that he ‘will be in touch with the family to share his personal condolences’.
They added: ‘While His Majesty and other Members of The Royal Family were present at the arena at the time the incident took place, they were not made aware of the severity of the situation until later.
‘The thoughts and most heartfelt sympathies of the whole Royal Family are with the victim’s loved ones and military colleagues at this time of grief.’
Charles met members of the troop on Saturday morning alongside the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh, as he arrived for the third day of the event.
Thames Valley Police chief superintendent Michael Loebenberg said: ‘We are appealing for anyone with information or material relating to the sad death of a military rider at Royal Windsor Horse Show yesterday to please get in touch.
‘Our thoughts are with the soldier’s family and the wider community in the military and at the Royal Windsor Horse Show at this extremely difficult time.
‘At this stage, we have not found any suspicious circumstances. We are working with the Ministry of Defence, the Defence Accident Investigation Branch and Royal Windsor Horse Show organisers HPower to gather as much information as possible to understand how this happened.’
An army spokesperson said: ‘It is with deep regret that we announce a member of The King’s Troop Royal Horse Artillery died on Friday 15 May, following a tragic incident at the Royal Windsor Horse Show.
‘The family has been notified, and our thoughts are with them at this sad and difficult time.’

+11
View gallery
King Charles III was seen watching the troop perform at the popular show on Friday just before the incident occurred

+11
View gallery
King Charles and the Duchess of Edinburgh watched displays from the Castle arena during the Royal Windsor Horse Show

+11
View gallery
King Charles III (and the Duchess of Edinburgh reacted as members of the King’s Troop, Royal Horse Artillery fired their guns in the Castle arena on Friday
Jo Peck, HPower Event Director, said: ‘Our thoughts and sympathies are with the family of the soldier who sadly died yesterday.
‘The Royal Windsor Horse Show will continue today as per the published timetable, with the omission of The King’s Troop, Royal Horse Artillery display.’
Anyone with information is asked to call 101, quoting reference number 521.
The incident occurred just hours after both the King and the Duchess of Edinburgh were seen enthusiastically watching the event.
The Royal Windsor Horse Show is a popular occasion among royals, and was said to be the late Queen Elizabeth II’s favourite event on the royal calendar.
It was first staged in 1943 to help raise funds for the Second World War effort.
The inaugural show was attended by members of the royal family including King George VI, Queen Elizabeth (the Queen Mother) and the two young princesses, Elizabeth and Margaret.
The Royal Windsor Horse Show is the only time of year the private grounds of Windsor Castle are open to the public.
News
WE TRIED SO HARD… — FAMILY OF TEEN OFFENDER KI-LLED IN STOLEN UTE CRASH SPEAKS OUT AMID BACKLASH
A notorious teen offender who was killed in a horror crash in an allegedly stolen ute over the weekend has…
WE FELT UNSAFE… — A TOURIST INJURED IN THE DE-ADLY GUMLU BUS CRASH REVEALS A STATEMENT FROM THE DRIVER BEFORE THE ACCIDENT THAT LEFT EVERYONE STUNNED
‘We felt unsafe most of the way.’ A survivor of a deadly bus crash which killed a young tourist has claimed the…
HORROR — THE CHI-LLING FACEBOOK LIVE CONFESSION OF AN ALABAMA MAN LEAVES VIEWERS STUNNED AFTER K*LLING THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD, COMMUNITY LEFT SH0CKED
In a case that has stunned social media and devastated a community in Montgomery, Alabama, disturbing details continue to emerge…
💎 AT FIRST, NOBODY NOTICED… — Meghan Markle STEPS OUT IN GENEVA DURING SAFER ONLINE SPACES EVENT, ONE SUBTLE OUTFIT CHOICE DRAWS ATTENTION
The Duchess of Sussex attended the unveiling of the Lost Screen Memorial, which commemorates children who have lost their lives…
B0MBHELL SPEECH UPDATE — Meghan Markle DELIVERS SH0CKING ADDRESS DURING ‘ROYAL TOUR OF Switzerland’
The Duchess of Sussex attended the unveiling of the Lost Screen Memorial, which commemorates children who have lost their lives…
CAMERA FOOTAGE — ALABAMA YN ALLEGEDLY SEEN IN SHOCKING FACEBOOK LIVE INCIDENT AFTER BABY MOTHER WAS SET TO TESTIFY AGAINST HIM, VIDEO CLAIMS SPARK OUTRAGE
A disturbing and emotionally charged narrative has circulated online following a viral video that claims an Alabama man, identified as…
End of content
No more pages to load






