The Duke and Duchess of Sussex celebrated their eighth wedding anniversary this week, as Meghan posted a series of photos from their royal wedding back in 2018 – as one royal expert believes Meghan has made a major shift

View 4 Images
Harry and Meghan marked their eighth wedding anniversary this week with a series of unseen photos(Image: Getty Images)
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle celebrated their eighth wedding anniversary with the Duchess of Sussex posting a series of photos from their big day in 2018 to mark the occasion.
Meghan shared 24 photos on social media of the behind-the-scenes moments from their big day, giving fans an inside glimpse into the wedding that was shrouded with secrecy after the moment Harry and Meghan said ‘I do’ on the altar of St George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. And according to former BBC royal correspondent Jennie Bond, the Duchess of Sussex appears to be reclaiming the royal wedding in her own way.

View 4 Images
Meghan posted a series of photos to mark her wedding anniversary with Harry(Image: Chris Allerton/meghan/Instagram)
As Jennie told the Mirror: “I suppose this is another example of Meghan taking control of her own publicity, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
“On the wedding day itself, no-one was allowed to take pictures and the reception was wrapped in secrecy. That’s obviously how they felt at the time, but eight years on things have changed.”
Jennie believes that with Meghan’s growing social media presence and her influencer brand, she perhaps feels more inclined to show off part of her brief royal life that fans previously weren’t able to see.
“Meghan now seems very keen on giving the public glimpses of her private life with Harry,” she explained. “And there’s no doubt that people are interested – she has millions of followers on her social media, and that all feeds into her business plans and her brand.”

View 4 Images
The couple tied the knot on Saturday, 19 May 2018 in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle(Image: Getty Images)
While Meghan posted 24 photos to Instagram of their wedding day, only one member of the Royal Family was seen: King Charles. The monarch featured in one photo, although his back was turned to the camera.
And while the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are believed to still have an estranged relationship with the Royal Family, Jennie believes that there is another reason why Meghan chose not to post any photos of senior royals.
“I think one reason there are virtually no pictures of any other members of the family is out of respect for their privacy,,” the royal expert said. “I don’t think we should draw any conclusions about the state of their relationship from the fact that they are not included in the pictures.”
Meghan posted the series of photos just hours after giving a rousing speech in Switzerland about the dangers of online spaces for children, while also sharing obscured glimpses of her daughter Lilibet in photos and videos.

View 4 Images
Prince Harry and Meghan with their children Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet (Image: @meghan/Instagram)
Jennie said: “It is rather jarring to hear both Harry and Meghan talk about the dangers of the online world and the need to protect our children from it, and then to see how prolific she has become on her Instagram account, and how often we get a glimpse into their Montecito life.
“But the truth is, it’s the world we all now live in: she is developing her brand and this is part of it. Most of us are playing exactly the same game.”
SOURCE: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals/meghan-markle-harry-control-wedding-37187431
News
POWERFUL NEW MOVE BY Prince William SPARKS MAJOR ROYAL DISCUSSION — “A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME”
Prince William is reportedly looking to sell off a fifth of his Duchy of Cornwall estate over the next 10…
BREAKING UPDATE — NEW DETAILS EMERGE ABOUT ‘OUT-OF-CONTROL’ AUDI DRIVER AFTER DE-ADLY UBER C0LLISION
The ‘out of control’ driver who smashed his Audi into an Uber car, causing a triple fatality in Sydney‘s southern suburbs on Saturday,…
THE SHARKS WERE VICI0US TODAY — FISHING CHARTER OPERATOR SPEAKS OUT AFTER A DEADLY ATT-ACK THAT LEFT A MAN DE-AD IN FAR NORTH Queensland
A 39-year-old man has died after being attacked by a shark off the coast of Far North Queensland. The man was…
SHARK ATT-ACK HORR0R ERUPTS — MAN DI-ES AFTER INCID-ENT IN FAR NORTH Queensland, COMMUNITY LEFT STUNNED
A 39-year-old man has died after being attacked by a shark off the coast of Far North Queensland. The man was…
🚨 25 SH0TS FI-RED — KHAPRI ALSTON “BIG KAP” SH0T OUTSIDE RUCKER LOUNGE, FAMILY STATEMENT CHANGES EVERYTHING…
Khapri Alston, a 31-year-old former professional basketball player known as “Big Kap,” was shot and killed outside the Rucker Cigar…
FATHER BREAKS SILENCE — KHAPRI ALSTON’S FAMILY SPEAKS OUT AFTER TRAGIC CHICAGO SH00TING DE-ATH
DOLTON, Ill. (WLS) — A person is in custody in connection with a deadly south suburban shooting, police said on Friday….
End of content
No more pages to load






