The teenage son of a husband who brutally murdered his wife and effectively orphaned their four kids has delivered a devastating speech to court.
Jessie James Tumaliuan, 42, pleaded guilty in the Supreme Court of Victoria to murdering Czarina Gatbonton Tumaliuan, 42, at her home in Werribee, west of Melbourne, on March 27 last year.
He had been on bail at the time for previous offences against her and had an active intervention order against him that was meant to protect her.
On Monday, the killer’s 14-year-old son, who Daily Mail has chosen not to name, told the hushed court what his father’s evil had taken from him.
‘Now there is a big empty space in our hearts that cannot be fixed,’ he told him.
‘After the day she passed, it felt so unreal. We lost the most important person in our world that would care and love us.
‘She was our role model, someone we love and could go to if we felt sad and scared, and now she’s gone and it hurts so much that she’s no longer with us.’
Appearing by videolink, the child remained composed as he spelt out to his father all the reasons why his mum was so special.

+4
View gallery
Father-of-four Jessie James Tumaliuan (left) pleaded guilty to murdering his estranged wife Czarina Gatbonton Tumaliuan (right)
‘My mum was someone you would call a super mum,’ he added.
‘She was the one who cared for us. She was the breadwinner. She struggled while my dad stood on the sideline, helping from time to time.
‘Even when it was only her, she managed to take me and my siblings to a private school and care for our needs.’The court heard graphic details of the killing, which occurred despite the active family violence intervention order to protect Ms Tumaliuan and the couple’s children.
The court heard Tumaliuan arrived unannounced shortly after his estranged wife returned from dropping her young twin sons at school.
He forced his way in, verbally abused her, threatened her with a belt, and demanded money.
The court heard Ms Tumaliuan desperately tried to flee through the rear sliding door into the courtyard, screaming for help and attempting to hold the door shut.
But Tumaliuan overpowered her, armed himself with two large kitchen knives and chased her down.
‘You child of a bitch, you little whore,’ a triple-0 operator heard Tumaliuan say in the moments before he murdered his wife.

+4
View gallery
Police stopped parents from picking up their children at the school exit near the home where Ms Tumaliuan’s body was found
In a frenzied attack lasting about ten seconds and caught on CCTV, he stabbed her eight times in the neck, head, chest, abdomen and arms.
A deep stab wound to the right side of her neck severed major blood vessels, fractured ribs and injured her lung, leading to rapid death from catastrophic blood loss.
Tumaliuan then dragged her body back to the rear door, hid the knives and called triple-0. He was arrested while still sitting beside her bloody remains in the backyard.
The court heard the couple had met and married in the Philippines before migrating to Australia in 2014.
Ms Tumaliuan had been a dedicated mother who worked at Medibank while running her own online clothing business.
Tumaliuan, a former marine engineer, had been unemployed at the time.
The court heard the couple’s relationship was plagued by domestic violence spanning years.
Ms Tumaliuan had suffered serious injuries, including a fractured cheekbone and dislocated shoulder, requiring hospital treatment.

+4
View gallery
Father-of-four Jessie James Tumaliuan (left) murdered his estranged wife Czarina Gatbonton Tumaliuan (right)
Multiple intervention orders were issued, and Tumaliuan repeatedly breached them.
Ms Tumaliuan’s mother Maria Gotencio, who now has care of her grandchildren, described the unrelenting grief of losing her daughter to domestic violence.
‘Nothing could have prepared me for the day I lost my daughter. A part of me died with her,’ she told the court.
She spoke of now raising her grieving grandchildren while battling trauma, depression, financial hardship and the impossibility of replacing a mother’s love.
‘These children will grow up without their mother’s love,’ she said.
‘No child should have to live with that. This is a life sentence of grief.’
The court heard Tumaliuan expressed no remorse for his actions when interviewed by police.
‘I’m the one who bring them here for a better life. But what did your system do to my family?’ he told them.

+4
View gallery
Jessie James Tumaliuan posted this image of him and his wife a little over a year before the murder
‘You give a privilege to a woman, then that woman abuse that privilege because she knows she can just call police even if she tell a lie.’
Tumaliuan’s barrister Chris Hooper said his client had no explanation for carrying out the ‘disgraceful’ attack.
He told the court Tumaliuan went to the home with no intention to commit murder.
‘The intent to kill or cause really serious injury was formed very shortly before the victim was killed,’ he submitted.
‘Your honour might think probably around the time he picked up the knives. That does not mean that there was no premeditation. It just means that period of premeditation in my submission was relatively brief.’
He told the court his client made no effort to conceal the crime, calling the police himself and waiting for them to arrive.
The court heard Tumaliuan would likely be deported back to the Philippines upon his eventual release from jail.
He will be sentenced at a date to be fixed.
SOURCE: https://www.dailymail.com/news/article-15826463/jesse-james-tumaliuan-murder-czarina-tumaliuan-werribee-son-victim-impact-statement.html
News
WE BELIEVE THEY KNOW EACH OTHER… — ACTING POLICE COMMISSIONER SPEAKS OUT AFTER THREE PEOPLE WERE FOUND DE-AD INSIDE CAMPBELLTOWN HOME
A man known to the woman and two children, who were aged under 10, is in custody. Three people including…
HORR0R INSIDE CAMPBELLTOWN HOME — THREE PEOPLE FOUND DE-AD AS POLICE FLOOD THE SCENE, COMMUNITY LEFT SH0CKED
A woman and two children have been killed in a suspected domestic violence attack. Their bodies were found by police at a…
WE TRIED SO HARD… — FAMILY OF TEEN OFFENDER KI-LLED IN STOLEN UTE CRASH SPEAKS OUT AMID BACKLASH
A notorious teen offender who was killed in a horror crash in an allegedly stolen ute over the weekend has…
WE FELT UNSAFE… — A TOURIST INJURED IN THE DE-ADLY GUMLU BUS CRASH REVEALS A STATEMENT FROM THE DRIVER BEFORE THE ACCIDENT THAT LEFT EVERYONE STUNNED
‘We felt unsafe most of the way.’ A survivor of a deadly bus crash which killed a young tourist has claimed the…
HORROR — THE CHI-LLING FACEBOOK LIVE CONFESSION OF AN ALABAMA MAN LEAVES VIEWERS STUNNED AFTER K*LLING THE MOTHER OF HIS CHILD, COMMUNITY LEFT SH0CKED
In a case that has stunned social media and devastated a community in Montgomery, Alabama, disturbing details continue to emerge…
Lady Louise Windsor QUIETLY DOES ONE THING FOR Prince Edward AND Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh DURING Royal Windsor Horse Show
The Royal Windsor Horse Show turned into a real family affair on Saturday, as the Duke and Duchess of Edinburgh…
End of content
No more pages to load






