⚠️ Sydney Swans S-can-dal: The Startling 4AM Detai...

⚠️ Sydney Swans S-can-dal: The Startling 4AM Detail That Has Suddenly Put the Timeline Under Scrutiny

Two suspended Sydney Swans players were seen out drinking until 4am earlier in the AFL season, according to fans, as the team faces scrutiny over off-field behaviour and a third woman in the alleged hotel sex assault incident has secured a lawyer.

Isaac Heeney and Nick Blakey, along with teammates Chad Warner, Riley Bice and James Jordon, have been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season.

The club found the players had breached its standards by staying out late, drinking and allegedly bringing women back to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel early Monday morning.

The suspensions are separate from a Victoria Police investigation into an alleged sexual assault at the hotel. No charges have been laid, and all players have denied wrongdoing.

On Friday, The Advertiser reported that Heeney and Blakey were seen by fans having drinks after 4am on June 14 at the Black Bull on Hindley Street in Adelaide.

The Swans had just seen a three-point win over Port Adelaide the day before.

The pair posed for pictures with fans at the Stables Beer Garden and were reportedly in good spirits.

‘They were nice and friendly, although Heeney asked me not to use the flash when I was taking the picture,’ an anonymous fan told The Advertiser.

Isaac Heeney (pictured with Steffie Waters) and Nick Blakey, along with teammates Chad Warner, Riley Bice and James Jordon, have been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season
+6
View gallery

Isaac Heeney (pictured with Steffie Waters) and Nick Blakey, along with teammates Chad Warner, Riley Bice and James Jordon, have been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season

The club found the players had breached standards by staying out late, drinking and allegedly bringing women back to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel early Monday morning
+6
View gallery

The club found the players had breached standards by staying out late, drinking and allegedly bringing women back to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel early Monday morning

Heeney and Blakey (pictured) were seen having drinks after 4am on June 14 in Adelaide
+6
View gallery

Heeney and Blakey (pictured) were seen having drinks after 4am on June 14 in Adelaide

It was reported the two players, who fans said were joined by teammates Joel Amartey and South Australian talent Matthew Roberts, stayed at the Black Bull until 4.30am, after the state’s 3am lockout.

AFL players have previously been permitted to go out at night after a match if there is at least a seven-day break between games.

For example, the night out on Hindley Street was during a 12-day break for the Swans, who were not scheduled to play until Brisbane on 25 June.

When contacted by the Daily Mail about the outing, the club declined to comment.

The news of the 4am antics comes as the Swans’ hotel scandal has brought scrutiny on the AFL in the fallout from the alleged ‘abhorrent’ sexual assault claims.

After claims of an alleged sexual assault at the Pullman hotel, police reportedly decided the players were not fit to be interviewed following the incident.

Heeney later voluntarily attended a city police station but was sent away.

Fresh allegations have also emerged about comments allegedly made by the players as the dancers performed.

The two players were spotted at the Black Bull on Hindley Street in Adelaide
+6
View gallery

The two players were spotted at the Black Bull on Hindley Street in Adelaide

Blakey and Heeney (pictured in September 2024 at the MCG) stayed at the Black Bull until 4.30am, after the state's 3am lockout
+6
View gallery

Blakey and Heeney (pictured in September 2024 at the MCG) stayed at the Black Bull until 4.30am, after the state’s 3am lockout

The Herald Sun reported that a player allegedly declared he had ‘done an Albo’ during an alleged lap dance, apparently referring to Anthony Albanese’s controversial comments about ‘melons’.

Albanese sparked controversy after discussing a gift of two melons from Japanese Prime Minister Sanae Takaichi while making gestures near his chest in a podcast interview.

On Saturday, it was revealed by the Daily Telegraph that a third woman who was in the Swans alleged hotel sex assault incident has secured legal representation for a possible civil claim.

Slater and Gordon senior lawyer Jackson Pannam said his client had her world ‘turned upside down’ by the ‘incredibly traumatic experience’.

He said she was the woman who phoned police on Monday morning, and was continuing to speak with officers investigating an alleged sexual assault.

Meanwhile, the lawyer representing two of the women involved has also spoken out, claiming there were more than five men in the hotel room.

Carbone Lawyers personal injury head John Karantzis claimed on Friday to Melbourne radio 3AW that the full story about the number of men in the room was yet to emerge.

The club has stated firmly the only club representatives in the room central to the police investigation were the five players suspended, but Mr Karantzis doubled down.

Sydney coach Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills spoke publicly for the first time on Friday since Heeney, Warner, Blakey, Bice and Jordon were suspended
+6
View gallery

Sydney coach Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills spoke publicly for the first time on Friday since Heeney, Warner, Blakey, Bice and Jordon were suspended

‘I can confirm there was immense pressure placed by approximately 10 men in a small room on three women. That’s totally unacceptable. They were told that there would be five men there,’ he told 7News.

‘They’re traumatised, they’re suffering stress and anxiety, and they’re actually fearful for their life (because of) online trolling and other factors, so please respect their privacy.’

When contacted by the Daily Mail about Mr Karantzis’ latest comments, the Swans referred the publication to their statement published on Friday.

‘The Sydney Swans can confirm that all investigations carried out by the Club have consistently indicated that the only representatives of the Club in the room central to the police investigation were the five players who have been stood down,’ it read.

‘We have every reason to consider that reports to the contrary are simply false.

‘We are respecting the process with the relevant authorities and will refrain from commenting on police matters.

‘We would also like to take this opportunity to condemn some of the misinformation being reported and are now considering our legal position on those matters.’

Sydney coach Dean Cox and captain Callum Mills spoke publicly for the first time on Friday since Heeney, Warner, Blakey, Bice and Jordon were suspended.

Cox was out himself well after midnight celebrating Sydney clinching a top-two spot and two home finals with a 36-point win over Essendon on Sunday.

But he was coy when asked if it was a mistake to give his players a free pass to go out drinking without a curfew.

‘We spoke about post-game, about what’s required to make the right decisions,’ Cox said.

‘These obviously aren’t the right decisions and that’s why we’ve acted as a football club and come down with the sanctions.’

Asked how much soul searching he had personally done this week, Cox said: ‘It has been a really hard week for everyone involved at the football club. We are not shying away from that.’

Cox conceded he and other ‘leaders’ within the club needed to take responsibility in rebuilding the Swans’ battered reputation after the lawyer claimed the two women involved experienced ‘abhorrent’ actions, the worst he had heard of in 28 years.

‘I’ve been at the football club for nine years. Every person within those four walls we value extremely highly and they have a massive say on our culture as a group,’ Cox said.

‘We understand as leaders we need to lead that culture, but what we are going to do is back ourselves, and we’re going to move forward and we’re going to strive as strongly as we possibly can to repay the faith.’

Experienced midfielder James Rowbottom, veteran Harry Cunningham, Angus Sheldrick, Caiden Cleary and Tom Hanily were on Friday evening confirmed as the replacements for the banned five players, for the AFL clash with North Melbourne.

Disclaimer: This story is fictional and created for entertainment purposes only. Any names, characters, places, or events are fictitious or used fictitiously. No real person or organization is intended to be portrayed.

Related Articles