
King Charles has revealed his cancer treatment will be “reduced in the New Year” in the latest update on his health.
In a recorded video in support of the Stand Up To Cancer campaign, Charles revealed that the schedule for his cancer treatment will be reduced, nearly two years after announcing his diagnosis in February last year.
“Today I am able to share with you the good news that thanks to early diagnosis, effective intervention and adherence to ‘doctors’ orders’, my own schedule of cancer treatment can be reduced in the New Year,” Charles said in his video message.
“This milestone is both a personal blessing and a testimony to the remarkable advances that have been made in cancer care in recent years.”
The King’s pre-recorded message also stresses the importance of cancer screening programmes to help early diagnosis, which was filmed in the last week of November in Clarence House’s morning room.
He has been receiving his cancer treatment as an outpatient since early February 2024, believed to be weekly sessions at the London Clinic.
Charles said he was “profoundly moved” by the nurses, specialists, researchers and volunteers who “work tirelessly to save and improve lives” and provide a “community care” for all cancer patients.
But he has encouraged members of the public to seek out cancer screening programmes over concerns that not enough people are using them and risk being left undiagnosed.

King and Queen’s Christmas card features 20th wedding anniversary photo
King Charles warns of ‘ghastly legacy’ for young people if climate action fails
He said: “I have also learned something that troubles me deeply – at least nine million people in our country are not up to date with the cancer screenings available to them,” adding that “the statistics speak with stark clarity”.
He also urged people to overcome their fears, embarrassment or discomfort associated with screening to help with early diagnosis.
“A few moments of minor inconvenience are a small price to pay for the reassurance that comes for most people when they are either told either they don’t need further tests, or, for some, are given the chance to enable early detection, with the life-saving intervention that can follow,” he said.
The video also details a new national Screening Checker, an online tool which allows people to check if they are eligible for breast, bowel or cervical cancer screening.
“It demystifies the process, answers your questions, and guides you towards taking that crucial step,” he said.
As the end of the year draws closer, the King hopes more people will pledge “as part of our resolutions for the year ahead, to play our part in helping to catch cancer early”.
“Your life – or the life of someone you love – may depend on it,” he added.
“I know from my own experience that a cancer diagnosis can feel overwhelming. Yet I also know that early detection is the key that can transform treatment journeys, giving invaluable time to medical teams – and, to their patients, the precious gift of hope.”
The Stand Up To Cancer campaign aims to drive awareness about the importance of early diagnosis, raise funds for cancer research and support those affected by the illness.
Charles’s video was broadcast on Friday as part of the joint campaign by Cancer Research UK and Channel 4.
A Buckingham Palace spokesperson said: “His Majesty has responded exceptionally well to treatment and his doctors advise that ongoing measures will now move into a precautionary phase.
“This position will be continuously monitored and reviewed to protect and prioritise his continued recovery.
“As The King has said, this milestone on his recovery journey is ‘a great personal blessing’.”
The prime minister has said he is “glad” the King’s cancer treatment is set to be reduced.
In a post on X, Keir Starmer said: “A powerful message from His Majesty The King.
“I know I speak for the entire country when I say how glad I am that his cancer treatment will be reduced in the new year. Early cancer screening saves lives.”
The King’s cancer diagnosis was announced in February last year.
The previous month, Charles spent three nights in the hospital for a procedure on an enlarged prostate, during which time his cancer, not prostate cancer, was discovered.
Buckingham Palace has not disclosed the exact type of cancer the King has.
After his cancer diagnosis was announced, the King postponed all public-facing engagements but continued with his duties as head of state behind palace walls, conducting audiences and Privy Council meetings.
Charles marked his return to public royal events in April that year by visiting University College Hospital Macmillan Cancer Centre in central London with the Queen and spoke of his “shock” at being diagnosed when he chatted to a fellow cancer patient.
The King stepped up his workload at the start of the year following positive progress with his cancer care, and that has continued, despite what a source described at the time as a “minor bump” after he spent a short stay in hospital after experiencing temporary treatment side effects in March.
News
Royal Rift Erupts Into Chaos: Meghan Markle’s Reported Fury After Princess Kate Stuns in Princess Diana’s Iconic Jewelry and the Queen’s Crown — “Why Is It Always Kate and Never Me?” Palace Insiders Reveal Explosive Tensions
According to the book, the relationship between the brothers deteriorated even before Ms Markle became a member of the royal…
“HOSPITAL ‘CAN’T TREAT HER NEEDS…” — Lindsey Vonn Health Update Raises Fresh Concern After Awful Winter Olympics Crash
US skiing legend Lindsey Vonn was airlifted to hospital after crashing in the women’s downhill alpine skiing final at the…
“THE SCREAM ECHOES IN THE FOOTAGE…” — The Moment Lindsey Vonn COLLAPSES on the Course, Leaving an Entire Stadium Frozen
Vonn crashed just 13 seconds into her race at the women’s downhill event on Feb. 8 Lindsey Vonn and Karin…
“MY HANDS WERE SHAKING…” — Lindsey Vonn’s Sister Recounts the Moment of Sh0ck, Overwhelming Fear, and a Fragile Hope After the Devastating Crash
Vonn crashed just 13 seconds into her race at the women’s downhill event on Feb. 8 Lindsey Vonn and Karin…
“THE SCR3AM SHATTERED THE SILENCE…” — Witnesses Recall the Terr!fying Moment Lindsey Vonn Went Down, Leaving an Entire Stadium Frozen in Sh0ck
Lindsey Vonn’s sister Karin Kildow has addressed the Winter Olympic star’s shocking crash View 3 Images Lindsey Vonn is airlifted…
“A SAD DISCOVERY…” — Search for Missing Fisherman Ends in Heartbreaking Find
Mr Haigh disappeared while on a fishing trip off the Gold Coast. Picture: NewsWire / Sarah Marshall An inactive safety…
End of content
No more pages to load




