Melbourne man arrested over threat to media© Nine
A man has been arrested in Melbourne after an alleged threat of “an incident taking place” on Bourke Street tonight.
Critical Incident Response Team officers and uniform police arrested a man at a fast food restaurant on Swanston Street just after 7.30pm
Victoria Police said an unknown man had earlier called a media outlet in Sydney and made “a threat of an incident taking place in Bourke Street”.
“That outlet immediately contacted Crime Stoppers,” police said, in a statement.
“Police nominated a person of interest whilst investigating and actively patrolled the CBD.”
Once the man was located at the fast food restaurant he was arrested “without further incident”, police said.
“The exact circumstances surrounding the incident are still being investigated but there is no threat to the community at this time.”
The 31-year-old of no fixed address was being interviewed.
News
Up to 40 people rushed to help but could not save the 3 fat@:lities after the horrific crash on Rocky Point Road
A driver involved in a “horrific” triple-fatal crash in Sydney’s south overnight was visited by police just moments earlier following a concern for…
What relationship does the recently sh0.t d3;ad notorious Sydney underworld member have with a former NRL rugby star?
A senior member of the so-called Coconut Cartel, a gang locked in a months-long feud with the notorious Alameddine crime…
Rita Johnson’s family speaks out after siblings are brutally sh0.t and k!:lled in broad daylight
A horrifying shooting in Detroit on May 20, 2026 is leaving the public across America stunned after rapper Raye Johnson,…
Detroit Police Break Silence on D3:adly Sh00ting That K!:lled Two Siblings, Video Reveals Shocking Truth!
A Detroit family is mourning an unimaginable loss after siblings Ray Johnson, 33, and Takoria “Rita” Johnson, 27, were killed…
Who is the mysterious man wearing a hood!:e in the sweltering heat in the video of the assassinated Sydney underworld kingpin?
Two Australian men are wanted for questioning in Vietnam following the murder of Sydney underworld figure Lorenzo Lemalu. Vietnamese authorities…
Identity of the two men being hunted in the execution-style sh00ting and hit-and-run at a restaurant in Vietnam
WARNING: Confronting footage Shocking footage shows the moment Sydney underworld figure Lorenzo Lemalu was brutally assassinated as he stood outside…
End of content
No more pages to load






