Prince William and Kate, Princess of Wales, have issued a statement via the palace amid the ongoing Epstein and Andrew scrutiny. King Charles has also spoken out via Buckingham Palace.
The Prince and Princess of Wales hadn’t addressed the scrutiny surrounding William’s uncle, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, following the recent release of more Epstein files.
Andrew’s association with late convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has sparked scrutiny for years. That scrutiny intensified last month following the release of more than three million files relating to Epstein and his crimes.
Within these files, images appeared to show Andrew kneeling on all fours over an unidentified female lying on the ground. No context has been supplied for the images. It’s also unclear when and where they were taken.
The Prince and Princess of Wales have broken their silence on the Epstein scandal (Credit: Cover Images)
Prince William and Kate Middleton speak out amid Andrew and Epstein scandal
On Monday, ahead of Prince William’s arrival in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Kensington Palace issued a statement on his and Kate’s behalf.
A spokesperson for the couple told reporters in the capital ahead of William’s visit that “the Prince and Princess of Wales have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations. Their thoughts remain focused on the victims”.
According to ITV, sources close to William wanted there to be “zero doubt” about how he feels about the ongoing scandal.
Buckingham Palace issues statement
Meanwhile, later on Monday, Buckingham Palace issued a statement. The king’s vow over the scandal has been revealed.
The statement read: “The king has made clear, in words and through unprecedented actions, his profound concern at allegations which continue to come to light in respect of Mr Mountbatten-Windsor’s conduct.
“While the specific claims in question are for Mr Mountbatten-Windsor to address, if we are approached by Thames Valley Police we stand ready to support them as you would expect.
“As was previously stated, Their Majesties’ thoughts and sympathies have been, and remain with, the victims of any and all forms of abuse.”
It comes after Andrew’s youngest brother, Prince Edward, spoke out last week amid the scrutiny. He said during a trip to Dubai: “I think it’s all really important always to remember the victims and who are the victims in all this.”
The Epstein scandal has dominated headlines for days, including reports about Andrew and his ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson.
Andrew has faced scrutiny over his association with Epstein for years (Credit: Cover Images)
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor scandal
Last week, Andrew moved out of his Windsor home, Royal Lodge, as scrutiny mounted.
Last October, Buckingham Palace announced that Andrew would leave his home of more than two decades. At the time, it was also announced that he would have his remaining royal titles and honours removed.
It came as Andrew was continuously making headlines over his ties to Epstein.
His association with Epstein has made headlines for years. In his BBC Newsnight interview in 2019, Andrew claimed he cut contact with the disgraced financier in late 2010 following Epstein’s 2008 conviction for soliciting prostitution from a minor.
However, emails that emerged last year appeared to show Andrew allegedly in contact with Epstein in early 2011.
Andrew has also faced allegations of sexual assault. Virginia Giuffre alleged she was made to sleep with Andrew on three separate occasions when she was 17 after being trafficked by Epstein.
Andrew has always vehemently denied the allegations against him.
More allegations against Andrew
Last month, following the release of millions of Epstein files, a second woman came forward with allegations against the former prince.
The woman, who is not British and was in her 20s at the time, alleged she was sent to the UK by Epstein for a sexual encounter with Andrew.
The encounter allegedly happened at Andrew’s former home, Royal Lodge, in 2010.
Royal Insider contacted representatives for Andrew for comment. He hasn’t addressed the allegations.
Andrew has always vehemently denied any wrongdoing in relation to Epstein. Being named or pictured among the Epstein files is not an indication of wrongdoing.
News
Kid Rock mocks Bad Bunny’s Super Bowl performance
It looks like even Kid Rock had to go back and watch Bad Bunny‘s Super Bowl Halftime Show … because the country-rap-rock star…
Straightforwardly ‘exposing’ Harry: Mike Tindall shocks everyone by calling his cousin a ‘bastard’ in the middle of a Royal ceremony!
ara Tindall’s husband Mike Tindall is used to sharing his opinion on his popular podcast (The Good, The Bad &…
The ‘Four-Legged Table’ Collapses: Andrew and Sarah Ferguson’s Family Shattered as Princesses Named in Crime Files!
Sarah Ferguson previously opened up about her “family unit” with Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and their daughters, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. In…
Shocking: New Queen Elizabeth II Coin Slammed for Looking Like… Shrek!
he Royal Australian Mint released the two coins to mark 100 years since Queen Elizabeth’s birth, but royal fans aren’t happy. In…
Only after pulling the girl to safety did I realize I had just saved the arsonist
Chicago in February is so cold your breath can freeze mid-air. But for a firefighter like me, the world exists…
Suffocating Battle of Wits Under Crushing Pressure: When Oxygen Runs Out and Your Partner Turns K!:ller!
From above, the Pacific always looks like a peaceful stretch of deep blue silk. But for navy divers like us,…
End of content
No more pages to load






