MERCEDES star Kimi Antonelli has escaped unharmed after being involved in a car crash ahead of Formula 1 pre-season testing in Bahrain.
His vehicle crashed into a guardrail in Serravalle, San Marino, according to Autosport.

Kimi Antonelli is unharmed after being involved in a car crashCredit: AP

The Italian was said to be driving a rare Mercedes AMG GT 63 PRO 4MATIC+ Motorsport Collectors EditionCredit: Instagram @mercedesamgf1
The first day of Formula One Bahrain testing starts on Wednesday and the crash is not expected to affect his programme.
Antonelli, 19, was said to be driving a rare Mercedes AMG GT 63 PRO 4MATIC+ ‘Motorsport Collectors Edition’.
The lucrative car is worth around £180,000 and there are only 200 of its kind in the world.
No other vehicles are understood to have been involved in the crash.
Mercedes confirmed the news and said he was unscathed, despite his car sustaining damage.
A statement read: “Last Saturday evening, near his home in San Marino, Kimi was involved in a road accident.
“The police attended the scene after being called by Kimi. His was the only car involved and, although the vehicle sustained damage, Kimi was completely unharmed.”
Antonelli was gifted the lucrative car by Mercedes less than a week ago.
The team posted a picture of the teenager standing next to the black chrome vehicle fitted with a AMG 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2R tyres.
They wrote on Instagram: “New year, new company car for @kimi.antonelli.”
The Mercedes star is preparing for the start of pre-season testing in BahrainCredit: Getty
Antonelli signed for Mercedes in 2024 as a replacement for Lewis Hamilton, who left the team for Ferrari.
He ended up coming in seventh in his first season, finishing just behind the seven-time world champion in the 2025 standings.
Antonelli completed the first shakedown of 2026 in Barcelona last week, with himself and team-mate George Russell both impressing.
Giving his verdict, he said he was pleased with his progress and was looking forward to the test in Bahrain.
He said: “Overall it has been a good shakedown for us. We’ve had our own issues but that hasn’t hindered our running too much.
“I am now looking forward to having a few days to work with the team and digest everything from Barcelona.
“I am already looking forward to being back in the car in Bahrain for the first official test though and continuing the journey towards the start of the season.
“We will go there with a good understanding of the car and hopefully we can hit the ground running once again.”
News
“THE DOORS WERE CLOSING.” — Sarah Ferguson’s ‘Humiliating’ Final Hours at Royal Lodge Leave Royal Watchers Stunned
Royal insiders have revealed the shocking final moments before Sarah Ferguson was kicked out of the Royal Lodge alongside her…
“WHERE’S BEATRICE?” — Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi Spotted Solo in Mayfair as Princess Goes Missing From Outing
The Princess of York’s family has been embroiled in scandal due to the release of the Epstein file Edoardo Mapelli…
“WAIT… YOU HAD WHO ON YOUR WALL?!” — Prince Harry’s Bedroom Poster Confession Leaves Actress Stunned
Neve Campbell spoke about her return to the Scream franchise Neve Campbell has disclosed that Prince Harry once confessed to…
“DID THAT JUST TURN TENSE?!” — Snoop Dogg’s Security ‘Clash’ With Female Speed Skating Legend at Winter Olympics
The rapper is in Milan as an honourary coach for Team USA Dutch speed skating icon Marianne Timmer has alleged…
‘SHE’S FIGHTING.’ — Denny Hamlin Shares Emotional Health Update After Devastating Family Fire
NASCAR star Denny Hamlin has issued a major health update regarding his mother. His mom was left critically injured in…
JUST IN: ‘19 MONTHS AFTER COMING OUT… NOW ENGAGED?’ — Ralf Schumacher’s Ex-Wife’s Reaction Sends Shockwaves
The German is set to tie the knot with his partner, Etienne Ralf Schumacher’s former wife has offered a congratulatory…
End of content
No more pages to load

3





