Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney’s glamorous fiancée has been cruelly trolled on her Instagram page after he emerged as the lead focus of the police probe into the infamous night at a Melbourne hotel.
Top
+99
Home
Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney’s glamorous fiancée has been cruelly trolled on her Instagram page after he emerged as the lead focus of the police probe into the infamous night at a Melbourne hotel.
Steffie Waters, who became engaged to the leading AFL player last year, has been swamped with comments since Heeney and four teammates were allegedly involved in an incident with exotic dancers early on Monday morning.
Heeney, the Swans vice-captain, along with Chad Warner, Riley Bice, Nick Blakey and James Jordon, reportedly stayed up drinking and took the dancers back to the Pullman East Melbourne hotel.
All five, who have denied wrongdoing, have been stood down for the remainder of the 2026 AFL season after the club found they breached its standards by staying out late, drinking and bringing women back to the hotel.
A separate Victoria Police investigation has been launched into an alleged sexual assault at the hotel, although no charges have been laid.
The players were allegedly in a room with naked women, with one performing lap dances, and Heeney, who was clothed, was reportedly the subject of the complaint to police.
Commenters on Waters’ Instagram page jeered at her and Heeney amid the fallout. She has since turned off the comments and travelled away from their Sydney home to Noosa amid the fallout from the scandal, a friend said.
The Daily Mail has opted not to print the remarks, as they are too offensive for publication.

+3
View gallery
Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney’s glamorous fiancée (the couple pictured) has been cruelly trolled on her Instagram page
Prior to the incident, Heeney had his own kids’ book series, ‘Little Isaac Footy Fever’.
Publisher Allen & Unwin dumped promotion of the books from its Instagram page in the wake of the scandal.
A similar approach was adopted by Colgate, who sponsor Heeney. “We take these matters very seriously and have suspended our partnership with Mr Heeney pending completion of the investigation,” a statement from Colgate said.
Earlier this year, Heeney, an avid self-promoter, uploaded a YouTube video to his channel showing the renovation of ‘Heeney HQ’, as he called it.
In the footage, the loved-up pair could be seen walking through the building site in Maroubra, in Sydney’s eastern suburbs, while discussing whether to turn one room into a cinema or a gym.
Heeney, who had only recently turned 30 when the video was uploaded in May, said he thought he was ‘getting old’.
‘But I feel good, I feel like I’m still 25 or 26, but probably the maturity of an 18-year-old,’ he said.
In another clip, Heeney could be seen preparing to pack his Nike ‘lucky undies’ into a bag ahead of a trip to Melbourne for a game.
He explained that he only ever wears them while playing, and has marked them with a tick so he can tell them apart.
Meanwhile, Swans captain Callum Mills has spoken publicly for the first time about the scandal.
Speaking alongside Cox and flanked by his Swans teammates, Mills on Friday apologised to the club’s AFLW players and female staff, and then to women in the wider community.

+3
View gallery
Sydney Swans star Isaac Heeney and Steffie Waters have been together for years, with the AFL star proposing to his long-term partner in 2025

+3
View gallery
The couple have built a life together in Sydney, where they have been renovating a home in Maroubra that Heeney dubbed ‘Heeney HQ’
‘We take these allegations extremely seriously, and we hope the women involved are getting all the support they deserve,’ Mills said.
‘We really are disappointed at the actions of these five players, and as a playing group we fully support the club’s decisions on the sanctions handed down.
‘We take full responsibility, and we are deeply sorry.’
Cox added: ‘We are extremely disappointed at the actions of the players, and the sanctions imposed by the board show how seriously we take these matters.
‘To those women involved, I hope everyone is getting the support they need.’
Cox admitted the Swans’ culture was not ‘perfect’ and said he hoped the club could regain the trust of the community.
‘One thing that we do know is our culture has taken a hit. The thing you need to understand about a culture is how you respond and the actions you take following,’ he said.
Cox and Mills urged Swans fans to show their support for the women’s and men’s teams at this Sunday’s double-header at the SCG, amid boycott calls.
The Swans have also hit back at widespread allegations that club staff were in the room with the five players at the time, adding that legal avenues are now being explored.
‘The Sydney Swans can confirm that all investigations carried out by the club have consistently indicated that the only representatives of the club in the room central to the police investigation were the five players who have been stood down,’ the statement read.
‘We have every reason to consider that reports to the contrary are simply false.
‘We are respecting the process with the relevant authorities and will refrain from commenting on police matters.
‘We would also like to take this opportunity to condemn some of the misinformation being reported and are now considering our legal position on those matters.’
None of the players stood down for breaching club standards have been arrested or charged with any offences.