A KIND MAN OPENED HIS DOOR TO TWO PEOPLE IN NEED — HIS FINAL HOURS ENDED IN HOR-ROR
The man allegedly stabbed to death inside his home has been identified, with friends revealing the plans he had been making before his death.
Andy Murray, 66, was allegedly stabbed to death after opening his Lubach St home in Beenleigh to a man and woman, before being locked out when he returned from work at 4.45pm on Tuesday and forcing his way back inside.
When officers arrived they found Murray in a critical condition with multiple stab wounds.
Neighbours heard the commotion and rushed to the property, with one intervening to stop the alleged offenders from fleeing before helping the victim.



Police and bystanders performed CPR, but he could not be saved and was declared dead at the scene.
A 47-year-old Karalee man was treated for a minor arm wound and taken to Logan Hospital alongside an uninjured 43-year-old Beenleigh woman.
They have both since been charged with one count each of murder.
Murray had been allowing the pair to stay with him, but police allege the arrangement deteriorated after he asked them to leave.
Detective Inspector Ian Galpin said the pair had refused to vacate the property.
“Recently the 66-year-old had asked for these people to vacate his premises and they had refused,” he said.
“Things escalated last night.”



The woman is also charged with acts intended to maim, disfigure or disable and contravening a domestic violence order.
Friends have described Murray as a well-liked and respected member of the Beenleigh community who had lived in the area for decades.
He had also been battling prostate cancer and was planning an overseas trip with his beloved dog, who friends said was his best mate.
Flowers have since been left outside his home as neighbours mourn his death.
Galpin said the community had been left devastated.
“It’s a close knit community…(They’ve) really felt the loss of a really well liked and respected neighbour,” he said.