TORN APART
Mum of three sisters pulled from water in Brighton also drowned after going missing – 16yrs before triple family tragedy
THE mum of three sisters who were pulled from the water off Brighton beach also died by drowning 16 years ago, their family has said.
Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walters, 32, and Rebecca Walters, 31, were tragically pulled from the water last Wednesday.

Jane Adetoro, 36, Christina Walters, 32, and Rebecca Walters, 31, pictured with their dad Joseph as teenagersCredit: PA

Janice Adetoro went missing in January 2010Credit: BPM
It is feared the women – who lived together in Uxbridge, London, were “suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf” close to the water’s edge.
Their aunt Ajike Adetoro, who lives in Manchester, paid tribute to the “happy girls” who were “the closest sisters and best friends who did everything together.”
The family said the girls’ mum also tragically died by drowning in Birmingham in 2010, according to The Times.
Their mum Janice, 43, went missing in January 2010 and sadly drowned in Brookvale Park lake in Birmingham.

The girls’ mum also tragically died by drowningCredit: BPM

The mum had last been seen by one of her daughters who she lived with before she went missing, with her family making an appeal for help.
Janice suffered from stress-related mental health issues but didn’t have any medication with her when she vanished.
Her brother Lincoln said at the time: “The girls are so upset and can’t stop thinking about you and for their sake we need you to make contact.”
The sisters’ dad Joseph said “no words can truly describe the pain” of losing his family, and described the girls as his “joy and strength” after they died.
Joseph added: “The tragedy of losing all three of you has left an emptiness that words cannot heal.”
“Today, with a heart full of sorrow and love, I pay tribute to my beloved daughters — Jane, Christina, and Becky — whose lives ended so tragically far too soon.”
His wife Genevieve Barnaby described them as “the most beautiful girls [who] didn’t give us no trouble”.
She posted a tribute to her stepchildren, saying: “Our hearts are broken. The pain is indescribable.”
The sisters’ uncle Adesoji launched a fundraiser for the family.
He said: “As a family, we are still struggling to come to terms with what has happened. The girls had so much life ahead of them, and their loss has left a pain and emptiness in our hearts that words cannot describe.

It’s feared the trio may have got into trouble after going for a paddle in the waterCredit: Alamy

Coastguard boats searching the sea for the womenCredit: Eddie Mitchell
“No parent should ever have to bury their child, let alone all three.”
“Extremely intelligent” Jane worked as an accountant and relatives said she was the serious one who took on the “role of mother to the other sisters”.
Christina had recently graduated from Brunel University, and Rebecca was described as the “baby” who was mischievous and lively.
A frantic search was launched at 5.45am last Wednesday after reports of a person in the water near Brighton.
Emergency services were called to the beach near Black Rock car park off Madeira Drive.
Cops later confirmed three women had been pulled from the water.
It was feared one of the women was “suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf”, though police are understood to be probing a number of lines of enquiry.
The pebbled beach around central Brighton and the Palace Pier is notorious for having the steep slopes, which can be incredibly dangerous for swimmers.
A Coastguard source told The Sun: “It’s feared at least one of the women went into the water for a paddle and was then suddenly dragged into danger after misjudging the shingle shelf.
“If you took one pace out thinking it’s flat you could go down two feet or more very quickly.
“That can turn things very dangerous very quickly.”
The investigation to understand how Jane, Christina and Rebecca came to be in the water is ongoing.
Sussex Police said there is currently no evidence to suggest third-party involvement or criminality.
Chief Superintendent Adam Hays, Divisional Commander for Brighton and Hove said: “The thoughts of everyone at Sussex Police are with the family of Jane, Christina and Rebecca following this devastating loss.
“I know this incident has had a profound impact on the local community in Brighton, and across the country and I’d like to reassure the public we will leave no stone unturned in our investigation to understand exactly what led to the tragic events of that Wednesday morning.
“This investigation will continue in earnest, with Jane, Christina and Rebecca’s family at its centre. I would ask that they are given the privacy to come to terms with this terrible tragedy.”
cre: https://www.the-sun.com/news/16395624/mum-brighton-sisters-drowned/
News
Prince William has inadvertently revealed crucial information — and royal fans are buzzing
Prince William accidentally lets slip Prince George’s major new school update live on air The details about the future King’s…
She’s about to give up one of her most iconic fashion moments — and fans are surprised
Princess Kate’s busy Chelsea Flower Show look she’ll shelve for 2026 The Princess of Wales wore a floral Rochas dress…
An unexpected twist has unfolded as Robert Irwin suddenly finds his schedule wide open after the reality TV show he was involved in was “rested”
Robert Irwin’s next move after I’m a Celebrity axed by Channel 10 The Aussie 22-year-old’s year has just opened up…
Tensions are rising in Formula 1. Ferrari are reportedly furious over a last-minute FIA rule change — and it could have a direct impact on Lewis Hamilton
Ferrari furious over last-minute ‘unfair’ FIA rule changes that affect Lewis Hamilton Lewis Hamilton’s second season at Ferrari is not…
Big questions are swirling in Formula 1. Max Verstappen has given an update on his future in the sport — just days before the Canadian Grand Prix
Max Verstappen gives update on future in F1 ahead of Canadian Grand Prix The Dutchman has only finished as high…
A large-scale operation is in full swing as police search for missing 14-year-old Taylor Charlton, with a helicopter deployed to comb the area from above
Police helicopter used in ‘major search’ for boy, 14 Devon and Cornwall Police A pair of shoes that detectives believe…
End of content
No more pages to load






