HE TOLD HIS SON EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED BEFORE HIS CONDITION DETERIORATED..! – PAUL DOUGAN’S SON REVEALS HIS FATHER WAS ABLE TO RECOUNT THE ENTIRE A-TTACK BEFORE TAKING A DEVASTATING TURN.
Indonesian police are investigating four Australians over an alleged assault in Bali, which is believed to have led to the death of a Perth father.
Paul Dougan spent almost a fortnight in hospital with broken ribs and internal bleeding after he was allegedly attacked at One Tribe Bar in Kuta on August 5.
Paul Dougan died after spending almost a fortnight in hospital. Supplied
In a witness statement provided to police, his son Liam said his father had intervened after seeing a man assault a woman before a group of men turned on him.
“He’s just not the sort of guy to go looking for trouble,” family friend David Coughtrie told 9News.
“He was pretty much confronted by a person who said, ‘What did you say?’ and didn’t wait for an answer and just struck him.”
Denpasar City Police said on Friday that four Australian nationals were being questioned in connection with the alleged attack.
A Billionaire’s Reading List: 5 Books Cuban Says Everyone Should KnowCuban reads for three hours every morning. This is the exact list he recommends and there’s a faster way to absorb every idea on it.SPONSORED | Blinkist
North Korea Releases Black Soldier Who Crossed Border In JulySPONSORED | Blavity
Oprah Winfrey Sells Maroon 5’s Adam Levine A Portion Of Montecito EstateSPONSORED | Blavity
Police say Dougan returned to his hotel after the alleged attack before receiving medical treatment at Murni Teguh Hospital on August 8.
Paul Dougan spent almost a fortnight in hospital with broken ribs and internal bleeding after he was allegedly attacked at One Tribe Bar (pictured) in Kuta on August 5. 9News
He was taken to a different hospital the following day for further treatment, where he was pronounced dead almost a fortnight later. An autopsy was scheduled to be conducted on Friday.
It’s understood Dougan is a British citizen who has lived in Perth for at least two decades.
Paul Dougan (pictured) is understood to be a British citizen who has lived in Perth for at least two decades. 9News
Police said all four suspects left Indonesia the day after the alleged attack, travelling together to Avalon in Victoria.
Investigators are probing their alleged roles, whereabouts at the time and the events leading up to the incident.
Police have also questioned Dougan’s family, venue staff and other witnesses, and are also looking at CCTV.
Advertisement
Dougan’s son Liam had previously said his father suffered broken ribs and internal bleeding and underwent three major surgeries, including the removal of his spleen.
He also required four blood transfusions and had drains inserted into his lungs and abdomen as doctors tried to save his life.
Liam filed a formal police report with Kuta police on Thursday, the same day his father died.
Indonesian authorities say they have not yet determined Dougan’s cause of death or established criminal responsibility for any person.
Liam confirmed his father’s death with a message on Instagram. @liammdougan
Denpasar City Police Chief Senior Commissioner Leonardo David Simatupang said investigators are working to determine exactly what happened.
“We will clearly uncover the sequence of events, including the roles of each party and the cause of the victim’s death,” he said.
“The legal process will be conducted professionally and in accordance with statutory regulations.”
Advertisement
Liam announced his father’s death in an emotional Instagram post yesterday, saying he was “shattered, lost and heartbroken”.
Liam announced his father’s death in an emotional Instagram post yesterday, saying he was “shattered, lost and heartbroken”. 9News
Read more
‘Shattered and heartbroken’: Perth father dies after alleged assault in Bali
“It wasn’t meant to be this way Dad,” he wrote.
“I will love and remember you for the rest of my life, and I will continue to make you proud.”
Before his father’s death, Liam said the family had spent more than $71,000 on his medical treatment and launched an online fundraiser to help cover the mounting costs.
The fundraiser received more than $33,000 in donations.
A Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade spokesperson previously said it had not been providing consular assistance to the family.

