He Should Have Had His Whole Life Ahead: Family Devastated After 14-Year-Old D-i-e-s in Bus Tragedy
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy who died after being hit by a bus outside a city centre train station has been pictured for the first time.
Beau Croucher was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a crash in Portsmouth on August 17, cops said.
Beau Croucher’s family have paid tribute after he diedCredit: Solent
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy who died after being hit by a bus outside a city centre train station has been pictured for the first time.
Beau Croucher was rushed to hospital with life-threatening injuries after a crash in Portsmouth on August 17, cops said.
Beau Croucher’s family have paid tribute after he diedCredit: Solent
The tragic collision happened on The Hard in Portsmouth on the afternoon of August 17
The Portsmouth FC fan tragically passed away despite the best efforts of paramedics.
A 39-year-old bus driver has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until November 17 while further enquiries are being carried out.
Beau’s family said: “On Monday, Beau went out for the afternoon. He never came home. Right now, all of our love, our focus and our entire world is Beau.
“These are the stories you hear about and think, that could never happen to us. You never, in a million years, imagine that something so unimaginable could happen to your perfect little family.
“There are no words that can come close to describing the magnitude of the pain we are living with. It is beyond anything we ever knew was possible to feel. Our hearts are broken in a way we didn’t know a heart could break.
“Beau is our absolute world. Our heartbeat. Our obsession. Our beautiful, innocent baby boy. To know Beau was to love him. When you got to spend time with Beau it was a privilege.
“He had a unique way of making people laugh. His humour was effortless, his observations were always on point, and he brought joy and laughter to everyone who knew him.
“Beau loved going on holiday, it was only last week that we were all enjoying being together in London for his birthday and then Cornwall, where he loved to spend time with his family. He always showed gratitude for the life he lived.
“Beau was like sunshine, his light was so strong, and he always stood out in a crowd. It’s like we were blessed with an angel. It’s difficult for us to truly explain how much he meant to everyone and what an incredible boy he was.”
The force has asked for any witnesses with information, CCTV or dashcam footage to call 101 quoting reference 44260399748.
One family friend of the schoolboy posted on Facebook: “Such a great young man with so much to live for. A true credit to his family.
“Rest in eternal peace. Sending love to your whole family. We will never forget you sweetheart.”
A Hampshire Constabulary spokesman previously said: “We are appealing for information and witnesses as a young boy has died following a bus crash in Portsmouth.
At about 4.25pm on Monday August 17, police were called to The Hard after reports of a serious collision involving a pedestrian and a bus.
Cops said: “The pedestrian, a 14-year-old boy from Portsmouth, was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries and has since sadly passed away.
“His family are being supported by specialist officers.”
The force added: “The driver of the bus, a 39-year-old man from Portsmouth, was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving and then released on bail until November 17 while further inquiries are carried out.”
A Stagecoach spokesperson said: “We can confirm that one of our bus drivers was involved in a collision with a pedestrian in Portsmouth yesterday, which resulted in the pedestrian sustaining injuries.
“We are cooperating fully with Hampshire Constabulary and the local authorities, who are leading the investigation. As the matter is ongoing, it would not be appropriate for us to comment further at this stage.”
The tragic collision happened on The Hard in Portsmouth on the afternoon of August 17
The Portsmouth FC fan tragically passed away despite the best efforts of paramedics.
A 39-year-old bus driver has been arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.