
Prince William and Princess Kate released a joint statement about the Epstein files (Image: Getty)
Following reports of mounting pressure to address Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s ties to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein, Prince William and Princess Kate have finally spoken out. While the Prince and Princess of Wales are said to be “deeply concerned” about the disturbing revelations, royal expert Andrew Lownie was left unimpressed by their statement. During an interview on TalkTV, the author said: “People have been calling for this, and there was a lot of stuff said in the papers this morning,” and claimed: “I think this is a slight distraction.”
Issuing William and Kate’s statement, a royal spokesperson said: “I can confirm The Prince and Princess have been deeply concerned by the continuing revelations. Their thoughts remain focused on the victim.” Despite this, Andrew believes the couple made a major mistake by not sharing the “full story” they know of, and what the palace knows, about the former Duke’s relationship with Epstein.

Andrew Lownie said the royal couple should have shared the “full story” (Image: TalkTV)
Speaking to TalkTV host Jeremy Kyle, the historian explained: “I mean, of course, one’s thinking of the victims, but I think what they need to be open about is actually what the palace knew, when they knew it and what they’ve done.
“I think what we need to do is to find out exactly how Andrew’s been protected up to now, and I think he continues to be protected. I don’t think we’ve got the full story of what happened in the flight from Royal Lodge and all that, so I think we just need a little more openness about actually what’s been going on and why they didn’t address this problem much earlier.”
Addressing the monarchy’s potential defence, Andrew added: “The line is they didn’t know, but I do know that they did know, and they were briefed many, many times by the heads of the foreign office, MI6, all sorts of people were giving them information.”
This prompted Jeremy to probe into whether the Royal Family received this information as an “entity or individuals.” To which the author claimed: “Certainly the Monarch’s private secretary, I know, was being briefed and I know that they would have briefed the Monarch.”

Prince Andrew’s friendship with Epstein was exposed in the DOJ emails (Image: Getty)
“I just know from my own research that protection officers have always had to report back to the head of royal security, and that goes back up to the sovereign. They had plenty of information coming in.”
Andrew slammed: “So they knew about this, they tried to keep it quiet, they now, because of the public outrage, had to do something. But I think just saying ‘I feel sorry for the victims,’ isn’t really going to cut it with the public.
The statement comes just days after King Charles was heckled during a visit to Clitheroe train station in Lancashire on Monday (February 9), as one member of the public shouted: “How long have you known about Andrew and Epstein?” while he greeted a crowd.
Emails released by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) from their investigation into the disgraced financier revealed that he had had a long-running friendship with the former Duke of York, and Epstein was convicted of a child sex offence in 2008.
Andrew has previously apologised for his past ties with the late criminal but has vehemently denied any wrongdoing.
News
“THIS WASN’T ON ANYONE’S BINGO CARD” — Lewis Hamilton Ally Breaks Silence After Ferrari Split and Confirms Shock New F1 Link-Up — Fans Say the Timing Changes Everything
News of his Ferrari exit emerged last week. Lewis Hamilton has lost one of his closest allies in the F1…
“ONE WRONG MOVE — AND IT COULD DEFINE HIS FUTURE AS KING.”
The Prince of Wales has kicked off his three-day visit to Saudi Arabia. The Prince of Wales began his three-day trip to…
“I WORKED FOR THE ROYALS — AND THIS HABIT OF ANDREW & SARAH LEFT STAFF FUMING
Former royal butler Paul Burrell claims in his new memoir that Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and Sarah Ferguson’s habits caused staff fury…
ROYAL SNUB ALERT Mike Tindall flies to California — yet Harry and Meghan may not see him at all
Seattle’s defensive unit delivered a commanding performance to secure a 29-13 triumph over New England Mike Tindall is expected to…
LEFT SOLO Lady Louise Windsor’s boyfriend stays away as she competes alone — sparks questions among royal watchers
The 22-year-old is currently studying at the University of St Andrews in Scotland Lady Louise Windsor and her boyfriend, Felix…
“I’M DONE PRETENDING — THEY WENT AFTER THE TITLES, NOW THE TRUTH COMES OUT.” Chaos Erupts as House of Lords Pushes to Strip Sussex Titles — Meghan’s 14-Word Response Sends Internet Into Frenzy!
A seismic shift in the long-running royal rift exploded into public view this week when the House of Lords advanced…
End of content
No more pages to load






