😢 His Son’s Final Tribute Is Devastating — Then Police Reveal What Happened Before His De-a-th in Bali
Police in Bali have revealed more about their investigation into an alleged bashing which claimed the life of Paul Dougan.
Authorities believe four people were behind the horrific alleged assault on the Perth father at the One Tribe One Life Lounge and Cafe in Kuta earlier in August, and that they flew to Avalon in Victoria the next day.
The bar was taped off on Friday, a day after Dougan died in a local hospital.
Son Liam shared the devastating news about his dad in a post on social media, and later described him as “the kindest soul”.
“Everyone loved you. And all everyone tells me is how proud you are of your family,” he said.
“You did everything in this life to support us, Dad.
“After 40 years of hard work I just didn’t think it would end this way.
“I love you dad, thank you for everything.”

In a statement shared with 7NEWS on Friday, Liam thanked the hundreds of people who had supported them during their time of need.
“Yesterday me and my family had to say goodbye to our dad.”
“This is by far the hardest thing any one of us has gone through but I wanted to … show my appreciation for the support from our friends, family and this amazing country on trying to help as much as they possibly can.
“But most importantly I want to say thank you on behalf of Dad, as he never got to see how many people are there to support him.
“When I decided to reach out to social media for help in hopes to get him home, my goal was to show him when he woke up how many amazing people he is loved by, supported by and how it’s all going to be ok.
“So from the bottom of the Dougan family’s hearts, thank you.”


Dougan’s death has been felt deeply among the Gosnells community.
“Gutted to know one of our own is gone. Funny fella, loved a game of pool, a beer and a chat. Well liked,” Southern River Tavern bar manager Sasha Fehervary said.
WA Premier Roger Cook said it “obviously sounds like a very violent and horrific event”.
“That family must be hurting so our thoughts are with them,” the premier said.
The investigation is being led by Indonesian authorities who say they are working closely with the Australian consulate and embassy.