Next week marks the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s eighth anniversary
Prince Harry has “many regrets about his life choices,” one royal commentator has claimed, but insisted it is “inconceivable” he returns to the royal fold.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are soon approaching their eighth anniversary – May 19 to be specific – in what has been nothing short of a whirlwind few years for the couple.
From their royal wedding in Windsor Castle in 2018, the pair swapped grand tradition for modern contemporary, institutionised for commercialised, and the often gloomy UK weather for the glorious sun of California.
The path to Montecito, the wealthy area on the West Coast of the United States where they now reside, was not a clean transition – rather “destructive”, as commentator Richard Fitzwilliams told GB News.
It has left Harry in exile with his wife, Meghan, and two children, Archie and Lilibet. Mr Fitzwilliams believes this was never the prince’s intention. And he is looking to retrace his steps and forge a closer bond with family and friends in the UK.
“I think Harry would like, depending on the security decision which we still await, closer ties with Britain and certainly with his father and with his friends.
“I cannot believe it would be satisfactory, if it remains satisfactory, that he is so often an extra in (Meghan’s Netflix) cookery show.”
Harry is expected to attend the 2027 Invictus Games in Birmingham next year – whether Meghan travels with him or not is yet to be seen.

Prince Harry has ‘many regrets about his life choices’, one royal commentator has claimed
| PA
“I mean, if he didn’t (regret his decisions), we wouldn’t have Birmingham coming up next year,” Mr Fitzpatrick added. “We wouldn’t have the plan so obvious to try and in one way or another to persuade King Charles to open (the door to a return).”
Harry has not seen his father since last September, which in itself marked a 19-month period during which the pair had not met. He is said to have suggested the idea of opening the games alongside the King in Birmingham, going some way to mending their fractured relationship.
It is this strained connection with his family and friends that commentator Rafe Haydel-Mankoo believes could have led to Harry’s terminal regret.
“I think it’s quite clear that Prince Harry has many regrets about the life choices that have ended up with him being estranged from his homeland and from his family and from the role he most enjoyed: being a royal prince,” he explained to The People’s Channel.

Harry is said to have suggested the idea of opening the games alongside the King in Birmingham
| PA
“I think that’s why you’re seeing him essentially trying to play the role of a prince in exile, with these pseudo-royal tours, as we’ve seen in Australia and Ukraine.
“I think he realises that the fulfilment he got from those hasn’t been matched by anything he’s done in America. And I think he’s also realised, and they’ve both realised, that their prominence, their status, depends on their proximity to the royal family.
“The more removed they are from the royal world and royal engagements, the less people are interested in them as people. And that’s why they are clearly making more of an effort to style themselves and carry on activities as if they were still working members of the royal family.”
Mr Haydel-Mankoo claimed Harry may be hoping that his trip to Australia with his wife last month, which was followed by the prince’s surprise appearance in Ukraine, will “demonstrate to his family back home that he is still capable of working as a functioning royal and hoping at some point that a door will be open to him”.

Rafe Haydel-Mankoo said it is ‘inconceivable that either the King or the Prince of Wales would ever open a door to Harry to return’
| PA
So if Harry is hoping for an open door, a small opportunity – what could that look like? Could that, if he and Meghan wanted to, involve any sort of return to the royal fold? Mr Haydel-Mankoo was unequivocal.
“There’s a world of difference between what Harry hopes will happen and what has any chance of happening,” he said.
“It’s inconceivable that either the King or the Prince of Wales would ever open a door to Harry to return to the royal fold.”
News
Meghan Markle was reportedly left stunned after discovering the true extent of Prince Harry’s wealth — and insiders claim it may have caused tension
Meghan’s ‘Huge Shock’ Over Prince Harry’s True Wealth Sparks Marriage Tension, Claims Insider Experts have often argued that Meghan Markle…
A shocking claim is raising serious questions. Armed police officers tasked with guarding the King at Windsor Castle have reportedly been accused of falling asleep while on duty
Armed police accused of SLEEPING instead of guarding King at Windsor Castle ‘The alleged behaviour falls below the high standards…
Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh is set to visit Geneva just two days after Meghan Markle, drawing attention to the closely timed royal appearances
Duchess of Edinburgh to visit Geneva just two days after Meghan Markle Sophie is due to visit Geneva on May…
Meghan Markle has delighted fans with an adorable new photograph featuring her daughter, Princess Lilibet — and the caption is melting hearts
Meghan Markle shares adorable new photograph with ‘mama’s little helper’ Princess Lilibet The Duchess of Sussex shared the new snap…
A royal split in travel plans is raising eyebrows. Meghan Markle is set to return to Europe this weekend — but notably, Prince Harry will remain in the United States
Meghan Markle is returning to Europe this weekend as Prince Harry to stay in US The Duchess of Sussex was…
“WHAT’S NEXT FOR FERGIE?” — Sarah Ferguson Faces Uncertain Move After Eugenie Update
Sarah Ferguson’s ‘next move is uncertain’ following Princess Eugenie’s announcement The Princess of York is expecting her third child with…
End of content
No more pages to load






